Terms & Conditions
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions (together with the documents referred to in them) (collectively, these “Terms”) set out the basis on which you may make use of the website http://www.dcch.co.uk/ (our “Site”), whether as a guest or a registered user. Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use our Site and/or any of the services we offer on our Site.
- By using our Site, you indicate that you accept these Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Site.
- We recommend that you should print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- Our Site is operated by IDEC Promotions Ltd trading as Design Centre (“we”). We are a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 05117392. Our registered office address is: 319 Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XD.
- You can contact us using the following email address: Concierge.Desk@dcch.co.uk or by telephone using the following number.
OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Event Registration Terms apply whenever you register for an event that we are hosting.
- Our Careers Information Terms apply whenever you use the Careers page on our Site.
- Our Design Club Membership Terms apply to your membership of the Design Club.
- Our Personal Shopping Terms apply whenever you book and attend a personal shopping and/or design services appointment at the Design Centre.
- Please also note that our Car Park Terms apply whenever you use our Car Park. The Car Park rates can be found here http://www.dcch.co.uk/contact/
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- You should check the Terms whenever you use the Site as we amend them from time to time.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
- We often make changes to or update the Site. This may be because our products and/or services have changed, because our priorities as a business have changed, because our users’ needs have changed or for any other reason.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
- Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site for business and operational reasons. We will not be liable if, for any reason, our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
- From time to time, we may restrict access to certain parts of our Site, or to our entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of our Site. When a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you resulting from the breach; and/or disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
- When it comes to the intellectual property rights in our Site and all the materials contained on our Site, we are the owner or the licensee of it all. The works on or in our Site are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- We don’t mind if you print a copy and or download pages or extracts from the Site for your personal reference. If you want to, we also don’t mind if you draw other people’s attention to the material posted on our Site. We do ask though that you don’t modify any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way. If you want to use the materials please make sure that any images, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics are not used separately from the text that accompanies them on the Site. Anything you use should be for personal usage only – if you want to use any materials for commercial purposes you’ll need our permission or the permission of our licensors.
- If you do use the materials you must acknowledge in your use of the materials that we (our any identified contributors) are the authors.
- If you breach these Terms, your right to use our Site will end immediately and you must return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- The material displayed on our Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
- To the extent that we are unable to, by law, we do not exclude or limit our liability to you. For example we do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user of our Site:
- As a business user of the Site certain exclusions and limitations of our liability will apply.
- All implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Site or any content on it are excluded.
- We will have no liability to you in relation to any losses, costs, liabilities or damages, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with your:
- use of our Site; or
- inability to use our Site; or
- use of on any content displayed on our Site; or
- reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
- In addition, under no circumstance will we be liable for any:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; or
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- business interruption; or
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- You agree that you will not use the Site for any commercial or business purposes. You also acknowledge that we won’t be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
- It is always your responsibility to configure your IT systems, computer programmes and platform to enable you to safely access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- We cannot and therefore we do not guarantee that our Site is secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You must not:
- misuse our Site by knowingly or intentionally introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful; or
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site.
- If you breach these clauses you will be guilty of committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any breaches of this paragraph 10 to law enforcement authorities and we will at all times co-operate with and support those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. If you do breach this paragraph 10 your right to use our Site will stop immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Site linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it in any way whatsoever. If you do link to our home page we have a few rules. It is also really important that you do not:
- establish a link in a way which suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement from us where it does not exist;
- establish a link to your Site from any other website that is not owned by you;
- frame our Site on any other website;
- create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page
- We can and will, if we want to for any reason, withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If for any reason you want to use any material or content from our Site other than that set out above, please address your request to: Concierge.Desk@dcch.co.uk
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
- Where our Site contains links to other websites that are provided by third parties we offer these links just for information purposes. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
- The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
- These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the use of our Site.
- If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Site or concerns with regards to our services, please contact: Concierge.Desk@dcch.co.uk
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These rules set out the terms and conditions governing the rights and obligations of members of the Design Club, being the Club, operated by the Design Club Limited (the Club)
- There are various categories of membership: Standard members, BIID members, Corporate Members, Daily Members and Honorary Members.
- Membership is in the name of the individual, not in the name of the company and is non-transferrable.
- The Club reserves the right to introduce, delete or amend categories of membership from time to time.
- The Club retains an absolute discretion to accept or reject any application for membership without ascribing any reason for so doing.
- Acceptance of an application by a prospective member by the Club constitutes a contract of membership of the club between the Club and the prospective member subject to these Rules.
- Any information contained in any application for membership by a Member or any supporting documents are warranted to be true, complete and correct in all respects.
- Corporate Members shall appoint a representative who shall nominate the individuals having the right to benefit from the corporate membership. The representative will be responsible for informing the Club of any changes in details of the individuals using the membership. Each Corporate Member will procure that each individual nominated to use the corporate membership is aware of, and will abide by, the Rules.
- The management of the Club may admit temporary members for a period not exceeding six months, but on such terms as it shall decide. Temporary members shall be required to pay a temporary membership fee of such amount as shall be determined from time to time by the management of the Club.
FEES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS:
- The subscription rates for all categories of membership shall be determined annually by the management of the Club.
- Subscription rates are annual and payable in advance unless agreed otherwise with the management.
- Any member, whose subscription has not been paid within 30 days of the invoice date, may have their membership suspended or terminated forthwith by the management of the Club. The management of the Club shall have power to restore their membership on receiving a satisfactory explanation and payment of the annual subscription fee.
- If a member, shall for any reason cease to be a member before the membership date expiry, such member shall not be entitled to be reimbursed any part of his/her annual subscription.
- Food and drink consumed by a member and any guest will be billed monthly. Any bill which has not been paid within 14 days of the due date will be subject to interest rate of 4% per annum above Barclays Base Rate, and after such date all bills will be required to be paid immediately after the invoice date.
- The Club may terminate the membership of any member for breach of the Rules at any time by providing notice of termination to the member’s email address.
- The Club may terminate the membership of a corporate member if any individual who is nominated to use such membership is in breach of the Rules.
- Members and guests will be admitted to the Club during normal hours of admission, these being – Monday to Friday: 9am – 6pm – at the discretion of the management of the Club and, with prior warning, the Club may open early or stay open late for members or events.
- Members are allowed three guests at a time. If any member would like to bring in more, then confirmation in advance is required. This is at the discretion of the management.
- Members must accompany their guests at all times.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests and for the payment of any food and drink consumed by their guests. Each member has an obligation to inform their guests of these Rules and to ensure they comply with them. The Club shall have the right to refuse admittance of any guest for any reason.
- Members should be aware that the Club may decline to serve a member or guest for example for drunk, indecent or otherwise inappropriate behaviour, not carrying proof of identification of age or non-compliance with any applicable dress code or in compliance with its licensing obligations and may require any such member or guest to leave the premises of the Club immediately and any such behaviour shall constitute a breach by the member (in relation to his own behaviour of the behaviour of any guest of his) of the Rules which shall entitle the Club to terminate his membership.
- The Club reserves the right to withdraw all or any part of its facilities on a temporary or permanent basis when such facilities are required to be closed for inclement weather, repair, maintenance, development or alteration work. Members and their guests use all facilities at their own risk.
- The management of the Club may determine that on certain days members may not be admitted to the Club to provide for the closure of the Club at Christmas, public holidays, staff holidays, for exclusive private hire use, or for any reason appearing to the Company to justify temporary closure.
- All table bookings must be made through email@example.com.
- All bookings and cancellations for Club events, private parties and business events must be made through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations for private events within 24 hours of the reservation date may be subject to a cancellation fee as determined by the management of the Club from time to time.
FOOD & DRINK:
- No food or drink shall be consumed in the Club unless purchased from the Club.
- The supply of intoxicating liquor will be permitted in the Club during the general licensing hours in force subject to such extensions as may be available to the Club.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Club.
LIABILITY OF THE CLUB:
- The Club and its employees are not liable to any member, or guest of a member, for any loss, damage or injury suffered by them, or their property, whatsoever caused, save in respect of death or personal injury to a member or guest, caused by the negligence of the Club.
- The Club shall not be liable for any consequential loss arising there-from, whether or not such loss, or consequential loss, was caused by negligence of the Club or its employees.
- Members may not use the Club’s as a registered address. The Club will not accept responsibility for post received or delivered. Letters and parcels will not be forwarded to a member’s private address.
- If any member wants to know what information the Club hold about them or any member wants the Club to correct any information the Club holds about them, the member should make a written request to the Club.
- The Club may use members’ personal information for promotional purposes for the Club’s services. If a member does not want the Club to use their personal information for promotional purposes, such member should tick the relevant box situated on the Design Club Membership Application Form.
VARIATION AND INTERPRETATION:
- The management of the Club reserves the right to amend the rules at any time, notifying such change on the club noticed board or website. Individual notice to members will not be required.
- Any dispute or difference which may arise as to the meaning or interpretation of these Rules shall be determined by the management of the Club, whose decision is final and binding on all members of the Club.
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions (“Personal Shopping Terms”) set out the basis on which you may book and use our Personal Shopping Service (“Service”). Please read these Personal Shopping Terms together with our Website Terms and Conditions carefully before you use the Personal Shopping section of our website.
- By using the Personal Shopping section of the Site you indicate that you accept these Personal Shopping Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Personal Shopping Terms, you must not use this service.
- To book an appointment for the Service please either:
- Appointments are always subject to availability and will be confirmed by telephone or email. Our acceptance of your appointment request will take place when we contact you to confirm it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If you need to cancel your appointment for any reason, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. You may rebook your appointment at a convenient time using any of the methods described above.
- If we are unable to keep our appointment with you, we will contact you straight away and make every attempt to find a convenient alternative appointment to suit you. If we are unable to find a mutually convenient time for your re-arranged appointment, we will refund any fees paid by you.
- If you are late for your appointment, we will make every effort to accommodate you but cannot guarantee that your appointment will last for the full period of the booking.
- The Service includes initial consultancy meeting either in person, via email or over the phone, client sourcing, ordering and delivering. The Service does not offer site visits or measuring up. All purchases made on behalf of the client must be paid for and received, in full, before the order is processed. All specifications will be approved by the client and the Service takes no responsibility for delivery access specifications.
- Individual appointments are available during the Design Centre’s opening hours between 9.30 am and 5.00 pm.
- Please let us know when you book your appointment if additional people will be accompanying you to your appointment. At our discretion we may need to restrict the number of people allowed to accompany you.
- The cost of the Service is provided to you is complimentary. All items purchased through the Service will be sold at the recommended retail price and any discount is discretionary.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
- If you have booked your appointment online, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of receiving our confirmation of your booked appointment and receive a full refund. However, once we have completed the Services you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running.
- Please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 020 72259180 if you would like to take advantage of this right to cancel. If you qualify for the refund, we will refund you the price you paid by the method you used for payment.
- The Service is only available to customers who are aged 18 or over unless they have the consent of their parent or guardian.
- We are not responsible for any personal items left at the Design Centre during appointments. You assume all risk of loss of such personal items.
- Our Personal Shoppers are available to give advice only. Customers are under no obligation to purchase anything recommended by the Personal Shopper.
- We reserve the right to cancel, terminate or refuse to schedule an appointment for any reason in its sole discretion, including in circumstances outside of its control.
- You can contact us using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone using the following number; 020 7225 9180.
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions (“Event Registration Terms”) set out the basis on which you may book a place to attend an event at the Design Centre via our Site. Please read these Event Registration Terms together with our Website Terms and Conditions carefully before you book a place at one of our events.
- By booking the event you indicate that you accept these Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use book your ticket or attend the event.
- There are a limited number of tickets available for each of our events. We are not responsible for any loss or disappointment following your failure to obtain a ticket.
- We reserve the right to vary the cost of tickets in our discretion at any time.
- Any violation of the Event Registration Terms, Operator Terms or any directions given by our employees or agents at the event may result in your tickets being withdrawn and/or your entry to the event being restricted or prohibited.
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the relevant event is impaired in any way for any reason we may, in our sole discretion, to either:
- suspend the event to address the impairment and then resume the event in a manner that best conforms to event’s original description; or
- cancel the event.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry or re-entry to any event in our sole discretion.
- We do not accept responsibility for (i) lost tickets, or network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of a ticket; (ii) any postponement, delay, or cancellation of an event; or (iii) any act or default of any third party supplier which is outside our reasonable control.
- We are not responsible for any personal items left at the Design Centre during events. You assume all risk of loss of such personal items.
- You can contact us using the following email address: Concierge.Desk@dcch.co.uk or by telephone using the following number: 020 7225 9166.
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions (“Careers Information Terms”) set out the basis on which you may use the Careers section of our website. Please read these Careers Information Terms together with our Website Terms and Conditions carefully before you use the Careers section of our website.
- By using the Careers section of the website and downloading job descriptions you indicate that you accept these Careers Information Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use this service.
- By advertising a position on the Careers Page, you are committing to 30 days and the cost quoted to you.
- The Careers information section of our Site contains links to other websites and to documents that have been provided by third parties. We offer these links and the documents for information purposes only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- To the fullest extent possible in law, we will not be liable to you for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by you resulting from your use of the Careers section of our Site or any damage to your or another person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading any material from our Site. Nothing will exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
- You can contact us using the following email address: Concierge.Desk@dcch.co.uk or by telephone using the following number: 020 225 9166.
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions (“Car Park Terms”) set out the basis on which you may access our car parking facilities. Please read these Car Park Terms together with our Website Terms and Conditions carefully before you use our car park facilities.
- By using the facilities you indicate that you accept these Car Park Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Car Park Terms, you must not use this facility.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
- Your use of the Car Park is at your own risk.
- Other than liability for death, personal injury or loss of or damage to your vehicle resulting from our negligence, we and our employees, representatives and contractors shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever arising.
- If your vehicle is damaged, or if you notice any damage to another vehicle, including its content in the Car Park you should report it immediately to an appropriate member of staff.
SECURING YOUR VEHICLE AND YOUR POSSESSIONS
- Before you leave your vehicle, please ensure that your vehicle is securely locked, including the windows and that the handbrake is applied.
- Wherever possible please take your possessions with you when you leave your vehicle. If you do leave possessions in your vehicle, you do so at your own risk. Therefore, please do not leave them where they are visible.
TARIFFS & TICKETS
- Car Park charges are displayed on the Site at the Car Park entrances, exits and other areas in the Car Park. We reserve the right to vary the Car Park charges without prior notice.
- If you do not have your Car Park ticket with you when you leave the Car Park, you may have to pay the full daily tariff for each day that your vehicle was left in the Car Park.
- Your Car Park ticket is specific to your vehicle and is non-transferable.
- You must drive carefully in the Car Park and obey all directional signage and speed limits.
- You must ensure that your vehicle is parked fully within a parking space. Please do not mark your vehicle over more than one parking space.
- You must comply with all instructions or requests given by any of our employees, representatives and contractors.
- You are not permitted to:
- carry out any activity in connection with the selling, hiring or disposal of vehicles or any other goods or services;
- park your vehicle anywhere that could cause obstruction to other Car Park users, whether this be by blocking the entrance/exit or by causing an obstruction inside the Car Park;
- do anything in the Car Park which may cause offence or inconvenience to any other user of the Car Park; or
- park your vehicle in a parking space designated for a particular type of vehicle or for a specific user if your vehicle is not of such particular type or if you are not such user.
DAMAGE TO OTHER VEHICLES OR PROPERTY WITHIN THE CAR PARK
- If you damage another vehicle or any property or structure within the Car Park, you will be liable and you must report this immediately to a member of staff.
- You will be asked to give details of your vehicle registration, and any other vehicle involved, your full name and address and the name and address of your vehicles’ insurance company, together with your policy number.
- If you damage any property or structure within the Car Park, you may be required to repair the damage or to pay the reasonable costs that required to repair the damage.
ACCESS AND RELOCATION OF VEHICLES
- We reserve the right to refuse the admission of any vehicle to the Car Park for any reason whatsoever.
- If we think that your vehicle is causing an obstruction in the Car Park we will contact the relevant authority to request your vehicle is removed. We also reserve the right to move your vehicle if considered necessary by driving or otherwise using whatever method is considered appropriate.
- If part of, or the whole of the Cark Park has to be closed (either temporarily or permanently), or if the Car Park has to be evacuated, either in the case of an emergency or for other reasons including without limitation security reasons, we have the right to refuse access to the Car Park.
- You can contact us using the following email address: email@example.com or by telephone using the following number: 020 7225 9166.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions are appended to and superseded by any specific terms and conditions published alongside the competition.
- Winners will be drawn at random from all entries received. The decision of Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- One entry per registered user. Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, illegible or non-received entries. Entries must be received by any mechanism described as necessary to enter the competition.
- Unless otherwise stated, entries must arrive by the published closing date for the competition. Entries received after this time will be disqualified. Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour may, at its discretion, extend the closing date without prior notice.
- Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour reserves the right to change the rules or void the competition at any time.
- In the event of a printing or broadcast error (obvious or otherwise), which affects the competition in any way, Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour reserves the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred, having informed the entrants, through the original media, of the original text.
- Prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative in any circumstances whatsoever to the prizes offered. Prizes are not transferable unless otherwise stated. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
- Entry is restricted to entrants of eighteen years and over.
- If the winner of a competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason, Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- If no response is received by the winner(s) of the prize, Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour may dispose of the prize as it thinks fit, without any liability to the winner(s) for having done so.
- All winners are required to cooperate with Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour to publicise their win as Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour deems appropriate.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules will disqualify an entry from taking part in the competition. Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour reserves the right to disqualify any entry at its absolute discretion.
- The decision of Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour is final in all matters concerning a competition. It is a condition of entry to the competition that the entrant agrees to be bound by these, in particular that the decisions of Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour and judges on any matter whatsoever arising out of or connected with the competition are final.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, the winner(s) will be required to complete all appropriate or applicable booking or other formalities direct with such provider Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour will have no responsibility for the acts or defaults of any other persons.
- The personal details supplied by entrants will only be used for marketing purposes solely by Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour.
- The prize is not in conjunction with any other offers, and no cash alternative will be provided.
- The promotion is not open to employees of Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour.
- The promoter is Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour Ltd.