- This event has passed.
A Designer’s Guide to Styling Your Bookshelves
15th December 2020 @ 11:00 am GMTFree
Register to watch again
Books and objets d’art both make beautiful gifts, but showing them off to their best takes creativity and skill: a beautifully dressed bookshelf adds a final flourish to a project. Miles de Lange explains how to select, arrange and style your bookcase in any interior, based on your taste and your personal passions. Whether you want to use a bookshelf primarily for reading or research, to display a treasured collection – from shells to sculpture – or an artful mixture of both, he’ll suggest approaches that are harmonious and reflect your own style.
Miles de Lange worked as an interior designer for many years, and currently oversees the Alexander Lamont + Miles showroom at the Design Centre. The showroom represents collections of furniture, lighting, objects, finishes and fabrics, with a focus on design, craftsmanship and materials that are still done by hand, from straw marquetry to handwoven jacquards. Potterton Books, which specialises in design titles as well as hard to find and out of print books, is also based in the showroom.
- RT @Poradafurniture: It all starts with a #sketch. There's artistry in how all of our furniture pieces start their life on a sheet of paper, where between the tactile connection of the paper, pen, and the designer's hand. Each sketch presents a new story with a focus on materiality and craftsmanship. https://t.co/riwSUc8oPB,
- Are you missing the personal connection we all need for inspiration? At the Design Centre, there is an abundance of know-how all under one roof. Showroom teams, who you know and trust, are eager share their expertise with you and will be opening their doors on Monday 12 April. https://t.co/WjRMFA8mA3,
- Discover @SuzyHoodless' First Look edit, as well as her stand-out fabric from the showrooms and her thoughts on colour: https://t.co/nqBl5uM1gL #interiordesign https://t.co/miQ0lEIVFu,
- Do you need new curtains, a lamp, carpet or sofa, or perhaps you are looking to do an entire overhaul of the house? After weeks staring at a computer screen, it’s an exciting prospect that from Mon 12 April you will be able to see it all in person. #WelcomeBackToDCCH https://t.co/dN4Eb4tdgR,
- RT @jacarandacarpet: @DesignCentreCH opens on Monday, offering lots of airy space to browse in comfort & safety. Parking is now free if you pre-book via a showroom. Dorota will be back at Jacaranda Chelsea Harbour and is so looking forward to catching up with our customers again #jacarandacarpets https://t.co/HYc4jd8cnP,