- This event has passed.
A Designer’s Guide to Styling Your Bookshelves
15th December 2020 @ 11:00 am GMTFree
Register to watch again
Books and objets d’art both make beautiful gifts, but showing them off to their best takes creativity and skill: a beautifully dressed bookshelf adds a final flourish to a project. Miles de Lange explains how to select, arrange and style your bookcase in any interior, based on your taste and your personal passions. Whether you want to use a bookshelf primarily for reading or research, to display a treasured collection – from shells to sculpture – or an artful mixture of both, he’ll suggest approaches that are harmonious and reflect your own style.
Miles de Lange worked as an interior designer for many years, and currently oversees the Alexander Lamont + Miles showroom at the Design Centre. The showroom represents collections of furniture, lighting, objects, finishes and fabrics, with a focus on design, craftsmanship and materials that are still done by hand, from straw marquetry to handwoven jacquards. Potterton Books, which specialises in design titles as well as hard to find and out of print books, is also based in the showroom.
- A free live talks prog at #ArtefactAtDCCH has been curated to engage & inspire, with the craft industry’s leading lights taking part. Chaired by Grant Gibson, Conversations in Craft will discuss a range of topics. Pre Book here, all free https://t.co/81ZWxiKdGt https://t.co/66GrSR1W1l,
- On Tues 29 @QESTcraft Finnis Scott Foundation Scholar Bethan Wyn Williams will demonstrate her designs with pencil & gouache paint at Arte. Bethan specialises in intricate & grand repeating designs which celebrate the natural world https://t.co/5z5ET3vd62 #ArteafactAtDCCH https://t.co/pJEFndRBzv,
- An outstanding example of craftsmanship, Aït Manos traditional zellige tiles – made in Casablanca by sixth & seventh generation artisans – can be found everywhere. In the UK, find its tiles by @annsacks @westonebathroom read more here https://t.co/0WEqjc1Xu1 #designcentrestories https://t.co/hXOW0KESgX,
- On Weds 23 June, @QESTcraft Radcliffe Trust Scholar Natasha Mann will paint an original geometric design on a @VaughanLtd lampshade using handmade paints of egg tempera and natural pigments #ArtefactAtDCCH https://t.co/5z5ET3vd62 https://t.co/WT1xIK2W8R,
- Is craft really the answer to a more sustainable future? Can it help create real change? On Thurs 24 @ 6pm Grant Gibson & Alberto Cavalli, Michelangelo Foundation executive director discuss. Book https://t.co/81ZWxj1P53 #ArtefactAtDCCH https://t.co/ec4pKT6cRs,