- This event has passed.
A Designer’s Guide to Styling Your Bookshelves
15th December 2020 @ 11:00 am GMTFree
Register to watch again
Books and objets d’art both make beautiful gifts, but showing them off to their best takes creativity and skill: a beautifully dressed bookshelf adds a final flourish to a project. Miles de Lange explains how to select, arrange and style your bookcase in any interior, based on your taste and your personal passions. Whether you want to use a bookshelf primarily for reading or research, to display a treasured collection – from shells to sculpture – or an artful mixture of both, he’ll suggest approaches that are harmonious and reflect your own style.
Miles de Lange worked as an interior designer for many years, and currently oversees the Alexander Lamont + Miles showroom at the Design Centre. The showroom represents collections of furniture, lighting, objects, finishes and fabrics, with a focus on design, craftsmanship and materials that are still done by hand, from straw marquetry to handwoven jacquards. Potterton Books, which specialises in design titles as well as hard to find and out of print books, is also based in the showroom.
- 'Ceylon' the new collection from Thibaut, available from @jacarandacarpet is just the kind of fresh, hopeful design that’s needed right now, with bold colour and a lively approach to pattern. Discover more here: https://t.co/G1gJ1SflsR https://t.co/XAjAacEJiZ,
- RT @jacarandacarpet: Starring monochrome Magpie from Jacaranda’s newest range Almora, this moodboard takes inspiration from the swinging 60’s, and includes fabrics from Anna French, Harlequin and @DesignersGuild , plus accessories from Bagel and Griff. #jacarandacarpets #jacarandarugs #monochrome https://t.co/kRWGfvSopM,
- New lighting is one of the quickest ways to transform a room – and now you can refresh your scheme for less. This glazed porcelain ‘Trentham’ table lamp by @VaughanLtd (was £486, now £243.60) is just one of many not-to-be-missed savings. Shop now: https://t.co/cvvZLsW7db https://t.co/9KAFnFpjq1,
- RT @Samuel_and_Sons: Launching today, our latest collaboration with renowned designer @rogerpthomas, VENEZIA, pays tribute to Italy’s “Floating City” through time-honored techniques of layered hand printing on silk and velvet, embroidery and appliqué: https://t.co/3Bj3mnjhzc #samuelansonsSPRING2021 https://t.co/WIvsG359NU,
- Kickstarting our new Home Comforts series where we seek out the many ways we can uplift, refresh and reflect on a new year at home, we speak with interior designer @katharinepooley about her Devon beach home: https://t.co/a862s1JL0D #interiordesign https://t.co/5tEIa2aQPu,